Progressive Synagogue, Hove

Rebuild and regeneration of a beautifully crafted building in collaboration with the congregation

Heritage, Community, Place of Worship

The existing building, originally a 19th century gymnasium, was converted into a Progressive Synagogue in 1937. Within a designated Conservation Area but not historically listed, the proposal for rebuilding the synagogue consists of a timber frame construction for the external west and south walls with new roofs following the existing pitches and repair works to the existing trusses. A new steel frame was erected internally to create the new floor and wall spaces.

Ground Floor Plan
First Floor Plan